Sunday, March 2, 2008

Admitting to the Hospital

On Wednesday of this week, my doctor had called me with my result for Gestational Diabetes. She told me that it came out positive and that there is a possibility that sugar is leaking to the baby( oh no!) So tomorrow( Monday), I'm getting admitted to the hospital to take a 3 hour test. I have to start fasting tonight starting at midnight. They told me that I can't even drink water, and it is going to be really hard for me since I drink like a tall glass of water in the middle of the night. I won't have any food or water in my system until at least 12 noon tomorrow.

I'm wondering how accurate this test really is. If I don't have anything in my system but sugar, of course the baby is going to take in all the sugar. Why won't they let me eat or drink? I'm going to be so cranky and tired tomorrow;) The one hour test made me tired all day. All that sugar that was in the soda was probably too much for me.

I hope that it's not something serious and that they will get back to me with a result a.s.a.p because I'm worrying about it too much.

9 comments:

Lambini said...

how did it go today? Send a pic of you and the belly!
:D

Susan said...

I hope it went well today! I feel your pain! I had to do 3 of those 3 hour tests at the hospital! It was horrible, because I had to work, so didn't get in till late in the afternoon to do the tests. And it took them a week to get the results. All 3 times I passed the 3 hour test. So it was frustrating! Word of advise, if it comes back negative just watch the sugar throughout your pregnancy, so you don't have to keep doing the tests. Let me know how it went when you do find out! Post more pictures of you and the belly!?

Leslie said...

Everything will be okay - don't worry. Little Caylee just wants extra attention...you should stop working soon and relax!

Jessie said...

Yes, let us know how it goes. There are many false positives. I'm sure you will pass. If not, they just have you alter your diet.

Good luck!

The Bertagnoles said...

I feel your pain, too! I had to do that stupid test, but my Mom had gestational diabetes with all four of us so the chances of me having it were high. I actually didn't have it, but it was nice to know once the test was over! Good luck!!

Liz said...

How long will it take to get the results back? I'm sure everything will be fine. We love you, and we'll be praying for you.

The Lamb Family said...

I was suppose to have my doctor appointment today, but the doctor went in for a surgery, so I had to cancel it. I will find out (hopefully) on Thursday

Tiffani said...

This is a very common problem but that sure doesn't make us stress any less. Hang in there and that stinks that you had ti fast for no reason only to do it again. We are thinking about you!

Lorna Terry said...

I'm so sorry, Reiko! I've heard the 3 hour tests are horrid. The one hour test and that nasty drink were bad enough. Good luck with the test - I'm sure you'll be just fine. Glad you're doing well!