Sunday, September 2, 2007

Maybe I Don't Like My Job...

Ok... I think I might take back what I said yesterday about loving my job. I just got back from work, and it was the worst serving day ever! I have always said that I would never get upset over a table, but tonight( actually, it's after midnight, so it happened yesterday), guess what?@?!?! I cried so bad! Yes, tears came down; I couldn't believe it either! This lady was giving me the hardest time. She ordered Tour of Italy( consist of fettuccine alfredo, Lasagna, and Chicken Parm)and she wanted to substitute and modified a few things. I was totally fine with that, but when the food came out, she got pickier and pickier. One thing she modified was her pasta... She wanted angel hair with Olive Oil and garlic. She started raising her voice at me and told me that the garlic inside her pasta was not diced. Actually, it was diced (but I didn't want to tell her that)I think she wanted them minced. It seemed like everything was wrong. I think she wanted her food for free. Her and her husband was already being cheap. The husband only wanted Salad and 2 chicken on the side. The wife says, "doesn't mine come with a salad"? Here is the second worst part. Right before the food came out, I went to take some lemon wedges to the lady because she wanted them with her meal. I dropped it at the table, and she yells, "I told you to bring it with my meal!" So, I said, "ok". I reached to grab the lemon and she snatched it out of me and said, "No, you need to leave that here and bring some more when my food comes out!" Literally, seconds later, the food came out. I just couldn't read this lady. Anyways, when her food came out all wrong, she told me what she wanted again, but the way she explained about everything just didn't make any sense. One time, she rolled her eyes at me when she was telling me what she wanted. I almost asked her, "Excuse me, mam, is there something wrong with your eyes?" I didn't because I knew that if I had said something like that and my manager finds out, he would totally fire me. Actually, him and I are pretty cool, he probably would've tell me "good job" like he always does;).
... And of course, the customers are always right, and she complained about her food, so they both ate for free! Sorry loosers!!! I hope they never come back again. I could've spit on their food... Just kidding guys... I would never do something like that.
Thanks for reading, guys! This blog is so useful! I can let my feelings out by writing and people would respond back. I love you guys!!! Hope all is well with you=)

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Sorry to hear about your bad day...it's people like that who are miserable in their own lives and have the need to wreck everyone else's. Way to be patient! I think I would have told her off and happily been fired. You are a good woman!

Jessie said...

Nothing like enjoying a meal with your hubby, huh? I agree....she must just be really angry at the world!

You are the best waitress out there (I can attest), so I feel sorry for whoever serves her next!

miss H Wiest said...

Reiko!! you have such patience-- good job! you are a great server, don't let her get to you-- maybe she had somethin up her who-ha or had a bad day. I, like Les, would've prob told her off too, "just eat it lady, everythings good here!!!"

Amanda said...

Awww that awful lady! Great job keeping your cool though. No way would I have been that calm! I'da gotten fired! hehe! Good goin girl!

Susanne said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe she was so rude! Some people seem to think it's okay to treat servers like crap. We've been out to dinner with people that are always rude to their server! It's so embarassing (and I always feel so bad for the server).