Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day in Church

So today I gave my talk in sacrament for the first time in my ward. Of course Brad got out of it, since he has to work every Sunday. My talk was on the "healing power of forgiveness". This talk was assigned to me toward the end of June, and I was supposed to talk in July, but had to postpone it two different times because I happened to be working every time they scheduled me. So today was my day. I couldn't get out of it. I was so nervous because I haven't talked in sacrament in a long time. I guess it went pretty good... Though I ended up crying 90% of the time. I can't think of one time I talked in sacrament and not cry.

After church, the ward had a linger longer. We had tacos and desserts. Brad started an hour early today so that he could get out an hour early. He was able to join me after church to meet members of our ward. It was funny because people were welcoming us into the ward when we have been there for the past 6 months... Yeah, I feel loved...;P I don't blame them. They have never really seen Brad and I only go to church every other Sunday because of my work. I told Olive Garden that I was going to quit if they wouldn't give me more Sundays off. I was a little bit frustrated. It think they are actually giving me more Sundays off from now on, since they don't want to loose such a wonderful server;)

Well, I'm grateful that I got my talk out of the way. I've been thinking about it for the past 2 months! Have a wonderful Sabbath, everyone!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Good Job on the talk! I'm sure it was great.

Miss you guys.

Jessie said...

I wish I could've heard your talk! Glad you'll get to go to church more often now!

Susanne said...

Yeah, I always cry too when giving talks. It's so embarrassing. I think I start crying because I'm so nervous and then I keep crying because I'm embarrassed that I've been crying... It's good that you've got it out of the way though. No more talks for a couple of years, right?!

Van Horne said...

So funny!!!!!!!!! I gave the same talk,The Power of Forgiveness, last sunday.I was so glad to get it ouit of the way also. And of course I cried like a baby the whole time. I'm sure you did great. Chris and I miss you guys and hope everything is going good.

Tiffani said...

I am always relieved when I'm done giving a talk. We thought of you tonight because we went to Olive Garden to celebrate my little brothers birthday. Are you going to come visit anytime soon?