Sunday, January 13, 2008

Terrible Weekend

This weekend, my General Manager came up to me and asked me if my clothes were getting a little tighter. I told him, "a little bit", and he said, "well because your uniform is getting a little tighter and you need to go get some maternity clothes." Can you believe it? I was thinking there are other women that work that are bigger and their shirts are dirtier and tighter. I felt so discriminated!!!

I wasn't even sure if he realized what he had said until last night( Saturday) when I worked, he commented, "this shirt is looking better"( I had a different shirt on). Oh, I wanted to punch him! I didn't punch him, but I told him exactly what I thought about what he had said the night before. To me, I felt like he was basically calling me fat.

When a woman is pregnant, you just don't make comments like that. Do you guys agree?
We know what's best for us. I mean if our clothes are getting tighter, we will get a bigger size. After all, it is not comfortable being in something that doesn't fit. The bottom line is leave us ALONE!!!

So I felt so much better after I spoke out; however, I might be jobless after this... j/k... He had apologized later on that night and apparently he felt really bad;)

Man, blogging takes away so much frustration!!! Love it!

6 comments:

Sassy Sis--Saundra said...

You are so not fat! He's dumb and probably single!

S

Jessie said...

If you look anything like that belly picture below there is NO WAY anyone should be calling you fat, or even pregnant for that matter!

Leslie said...

What a jerk!! You should show up one day in super baggy clothes just to prove a point!! :)

You are beautiful momma - embrace the growing belly.

Lambini said...

what an idiot!

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

You handled that situation a whole lot better than I would have!!! haha...

The Bertagnoles said...

Pregnant women are not FAT!! Especially you, you aren't even showing! You look great. Kristi gave me the link to your blog. Check ours out if you want
bertagnolefam@blogger.com
wendy bertagnole