Monday, January 19, 2009

Super, Busy Fun!

These past couple of weeks has been really busy for our family. I left to go to Bakersfield to throw my sister-in-law, Bev. a bridal shower (with Kristi-my other sis. in law) on Wednesday. It was so much fun. She got some really cute lingerie and some kitchen appliances.
Sis.-in-law, Bev.

The next day, everyone was really busy decorating the church and preparing food for their wedding, which was on Friday. The wedding and the reception went really well. Bev. looked so beautiful and happy- Congratulations, guys;)

Beverlee & Mike

My beautiful sister-in-laws as Brides Maids
Left to Right: Jennie, Kimberlee, & Kristi

Dad-Dan, Daughter-Bev. & Mom-Susan

Mama-Reiko, Daddy-Brad & Baby-Caylee

Just trying to have some fun=)

In-Laws with the Bride

I love this picture of Bev. and all of her brothers
Youngest to oldest from left to right:
Garrett, Cameron( going on a mission next month), Preston, Nathan, Sexy Brad;), & Russell

Toward the end of the night, both nieces were not up to any photo shoots

By the end of the night, Caylee was so tired. Her face expressions told me all about it...

I love it when she starts acting up like this; so dang cute! Sounds mean, but I really enjoy it=)

Though, this last face made me feel bad for keeping her up=(- Poor baby!

The day after the wedding, we quickly packed up and took off to the Mexican Riviera Cruise with the whole Lamb family. We ate more than you can imagine! By the end of the cruise, because of the large group of Lamb clan, I was afraid that we were going to sink the ship. I gained almost 4 lbs. and Brad gained about 6 lbs. It's a lot but we were actually happy about it considering we only gained half of what we gained from the last cruise Brad and I took 3 years ago. Caylee for the most part, was an angel throughout the trip. Although she didn't get good naps for the whole week, she was for the most part happy and stayed awake after her normal bed time so that mommy and daddy can go to comedy shows and other entertaintment.

I will post pictures of the Cruise later.

We have been home for 2 days now. It's nice to be home and relax a bit after our busy couple weeks. Later on this week, we have another wedding to go to. My uncle is getting married so we are going to downtown L.A. and this weekend, we might be taking another trip out to Bakersfield to buy a home! We have been looking for quite sometime for that "perfect home". We've looked at new and used, but could not compare to the McMillin home that we REALLY like. So if everything goes well, we will be purchasing one of their home pretty soon. Right now, it's an empty lot. It will take up to 6 months from now. We are moving out in March so they need to start it ASAP. Wish us luck;) Here is some pictures from the model home of the home we really like. It's called, Tribecca.
This is not the best angle of the house, but gives you an idea of how it looks


The best part of the house is the kitchen;)

Overall, we are very excited and glad that we can buy our first home and be closer to family. We look forward to free babysitting (hehe);)

6 comments:

Scott and Stacy said...

Hey welcome back! You'll have to give me some fine points about the cruise, like must see, do's and don'ts. We're going on the same cruise Feb 1st. I've never been on one so I'm not quite sure what to expect. We're going with my whole family too. We're excited. The kids especially since they'll be missing a whole week of school.
So are you guys looking for any houses in our ward by chance? We need more people! There are a handful of house for sale in our neighborhood. :)

Liz said...

You guys look great - baby Caylee is so darling! How fun to go on a cruise. Scott & I really want to go on one.
That house looks cute - & what a kitchen!
We miss you guys!

The Mortimer's said...

Yay for buying a house! The house looks awesome and the kitchen is perfect. We are so glad to see you guys so happy! And Caylee just gets cuter and cuter. We miss you guys!

Amber said...

Free **trustworthy** babysitting rocks... I would have went out of my mind by now without it. I hope they build your house faster than they did ours!!! ;)

Laura said...

How fun to take a cruise! it
s always hard on little one's though when they miss their naps, I'm the same way I always laugh when Ryker starts to make a pouty face and starts to cry, it's just so cute it makes me laugh, Caylee's frowny face is so cute!! Good luck on the house that kitchen is awesome!

Tiffani said...

The house, love it! I am kind of a stalker and I checked out McMillans site to look at your floor plan, I love the large family room my the kitchen and your master is going to be such a retreat! I am happy for you.