Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 flash back

2008 was a busy, yet an awesome year for us. In March, we moved into a nicer, bigger apartment (soooo ghetto now) in anticipation of our first child, Caylee. At the end of March, I went on a maternity leave from my job (Olive Garden) that I was so dedicated and loved so much. Shortly after my leave, we were blessed with our sweetest daughter who arrived into this world at 2:23 on April 30, 2008 at 20 inches long, weighing 7lbs. 1oz. She has been the best thing that have happened to us. She is just so precious and she is like heaven. Words will never express how much we love her dearly. Shortly after we had Caylee, I had really bad PPD! I really had no idea what I was doing. Belive it or not, I had never changed a baby's diaper in my life, until Caylee was born. I guess I could've had some practice... It's ok, I'm a pro at it now=) Our dear friend, Leslie Ashby was so kind enough to come all the way down from Sacramento to help take care of Caylee. She sure rescued me. I said no at first thinking that I could handle it, but she insisted. I'm so glad she came because things would have been a disaster. I had a difficult labor and it wore me off for quite sometime. One thing I will never do again is to fight labor pain too long becuase I stayed awake for the whole time I was in labor. Epideral will be my friend next time=) Staying in the hospital for 3 days was not fun. We are doing great now. Caylee keeps growing, but I often wish that she could stay small forever. To say the least, we adore her so much. She is now crawling and standing up around the couch. I think she is going to start walking before her first b-day (yikes!)
My friends, Leslie, Liz, Tiffani, and Catherine was so kind to send me this beautiful arrangement to the hospital. Thanks you guys;)
Newborn- poor baby... She had to be suctioned out

1 Month
I can't believe how much she has grown! She used to be so tiny!


Brad surprised me with really yummy breakfast on my first Mother's day. It was really sweet of him. He doesn't do this very often but when he does, it is so special; thanks, honey!
2Months
She looks like a mini sumo girl


3 Months

Taking a nap with uncle, Preston
She learned how to roll over!

We went on a date to the Santa Monica Beach
4 Months



5 Months

Started eating solids- Oh, she was so ready!

Started learning how to mini crawl

She loves her bath time!

She loves her daddy

She hates to visit her doctor=(

Pookie (cat) found a buddy

... and Caylee likes him too!

My friend's son, Blake really likes Caylee. Every time they meet, He will not leave her alone until he gets a kiss from her (even if that means to make her cry)

We went to the Banducci's Pumpkin Patch (our little tradition) in Bakersfield
Now it's our little family's traditon
6 Months

Caylee with aunt, Yuka

I made Thanksgiving turkey at my aunt's house

7 Months

During the summer, we took a trip to the L.A. zoo. It was so much fun looking at different animals that were there. Caylee got the chance to pet a few of the farm animals. She was laughing her head off because the pigs were making loud noise. She makes us laugh all the time now with her laugh. She laughs hard for no reason sometime. Just the other day, Brad dropped scotch tape and the noise it made when it dropped was apparently really funny to her. So we laughed and Caylee laughed even more; silly girl.

In November, Brad was able to put his transfers in and got the Grapevine (near Bakersfield). We will be moving sometime in March and we will be(planning on) buying our first home in Bakersfield. We are very excited about buying a home but we are stressing a little bit because we haven't found the home we really like. Wish us luck! Eventually, our goal is to move up north (near where Brad went to the Academy)-Roseville so that Brad can get into Air operations. We loved it there so much and made some awesome friends.

We were also able to take a plane ride to Sparks, N.V. to spend time with my aunt and uncle during the Thanksgiving weekend. During the trip, I was in a car accident and hurt my back even more (I have a bad back). I also learned that I have sclerosis ( not fun). This whole trip made me be more thankful for my life and for all my blessings.

In December, we celebrated Christmas for the first time with Caylee. She got a present, but didn't know what to do with it. She just looked at it and crawled away to something that was more of an interest to her. She also cut her first tooth on the bottom. We were wondering when that was going to happen. She woke up 2-4 times a night for about 1 week, but she was not too fussy at all, thankfully. She also got sick for the first time with a really bad runny nose. She may have had a light fever ( I never checked her temp.-oops=) ) but she was fine in couple of days. Though, she still have runny nose, she is getting better.

Our first REAL Christmas tree in 5 years!
(yes, I know the decorations on the tree is ugly, but I wasn't prepare. Brad suprised me this year with a real one. Next year one will be better because I bought some lights and bulbs for next year- it was on clearance, yay!)

She really had no clue it was Christmas- maybe next year;)


Now- 8 Months

So these are some of many things that occured in 2008. The rest seem to be a blur. I can't think!

This month (January 2009), Brad started working the graveyard shift so it's a big change for us. It is actually nicer because he gets the weekends off and we can go off on a mini vacation. Would anyone like a visitor?

This month is also a busy month for us. We are trying to searching for that "perfect" home, but most excitingly, Brad's sister, Bev. is getting married on the 9th and we are throwing a bridal shower for her. After the wedding, we are all going on a Mexican Riviera cruise. We are sooooooooooo excited to go. Last cruise we went was about 3 years ago and Brad gained whopping 10lbs. in 1 week, and I gained total of (drum roll please)......................................................
7lbs. Holy cow is right! We are coming back FAT! YES we are. I seriously need to go on a diet when we get back. Maybe I will join the gym with a friend of mine who is a fitness instructor. We are also taking Caylee this time around. We will see how that goes.

My new year's resolution for this year is to NOT gain any weight ( after the cruise) and start exercising so that I can take off the extra pounds I have left from my pregnancy with Caylee. They say that when you are nursing, you loose extra calories. Well, it's not working anymore since I'm not nursing as much. I will post pictures of the cruise when we get back.

If we don't see you guys this year, I hope this year will bring you much happiness!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

What an eventful year! Good luck house hunting and have fun on your cruise. And we would love visitors ANYTIME!

Susanne said...

Wow! Good luck with the move! That is so exciting! And I'm so jealous that you're going on a cruise. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Laura said...

How fun to go on a cruise! Enjoy yourselves!

Tiffani said...

I can't wait to see what the new years brings for you guys! Happy house hunting!