Friday, November 9, 2007

Doctors Visit

I went in for my last of my first trimester doctor's visit yesterday. I was so worried, but I heard the baby's heart beat again. I felt so relieved, tell ya! It was beating so fast, I couldn't believe it! I still can't believe that I'm pregnant either... But I am very happy that I am and I can't wait to meet this new baby.

So the past 1 1/2 months, I've been having headaches, stomach aches, and , wanting to throw up( but can't), but I think it is slowly disappearing. For the last month or so, I haven't been able to brush my teeth the way I been wanting to. every time I have too much toothpaste in my mouth or try cleaning my tongue with a toothbrush, I start gagging horribly, leaving me with a stomach ache. Anyone experience this?!?!

Couple of days ago( Tuesday), I went to work and as soon as I had arrived, there were tables waiting for me to serve them. So I hurry up and went to the tables to serve them. When I arrived at work, my plan was to take a drink of water because I was thirsty, but that didn't happen because I was soooooooooo busy. In the middle of taking orders of 10, I started getting blurry and I started getting light headache. It was so bad, I had to stop the lady who was giving me her order and I ran to the side station. I ended up on the floor, causing me to almost faint. It wasn't the greatest feeling. After that I was so concerned about my baby thinking that he/she didn't have enough oxygen to breathe. My worry of course went away after the doc. visit yesterday. I've learned my lesson to keep myself always hydrated at work.

What else... This year, we are not celebrating Thanksgiving or X=mas with our families this year. Brad is scheduled to work on Thanksgiving and X=mas day; bummer. Since he is so new in what he is doing, he has no seniority whatsoever. Hopefully, he will be able to take some holidays in the future.

6 comments:

Susanne said...

That must have been a scary experience at work. I had a similar experience when I was pregnant with Gavin and out all day without food or water. The toothbrush thing - I know what you mean! I hate morning sickness, but at least you're in the home stretch and almost done with the first trimester!

Amanda said...

I couldn't brush my teeth at night for months....I'd have to grin and bear it in the morning at least. But i'd always have to time it with breakfast! Before breakfast was always easier! I totally can relate to you! I am so glad to hear the baby is doing well and that your feeling better!

Jessie said...

I can't relate to the stomach aches and sickness, but I can relate to the near fainting experience. Your blood volume is so high right now that you just have to stay hydrated and fed. I hope you feel better soon!

Congrats, again! We are SO excited about Baby Lamb! Any names yet?

Leslie said...

I didn't barely brush my teeth during the first tri-mester. I used mouthwash to keep them resonably clean.

And the headaches are the hormones, I'm getting them again now while my body adjusts to not being pregnant and now nursing.

It will get better - you are doing awesome!

Van Horne said...

Stuff like that happened to me, and my doctor would have to tell me to slow down and drink lots of water. It's funny how little things like brushing our teth when we are pregnant is so hard. Don't worry that will go away. Hopefully things will get better soon. Good luck with everything.

Lorna Terry said...

Reiko!!! I'm SOOO excited for you and Brad!! Congratulations!

I can relate to the gagging. Luckily, my first trimester was similar to yours, but I did learn 3 things: 1. Always carry a snack with you. 2. Don't take your prenatal vitamin on an empty stomach (and no, apple juice does not count as filling it up :) ) and 3. Don't brush your tongue as well as you used to - it'll make you gag.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to reading about your pregnancy adventures! Oh, and don't worry about giving birth...by the time you're full-term, you'll do anything to get that baby out of you... :D