Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A gift from Heavenly Father

So after being in my new ward for almost about 7 months, I received a calling! I'm serving in the Y.W. presidency as a second counselor.

After being without a calling for so long, I kind of got comfortable not really doing anything on Sundays. I kind of enjoyed it, but I'm grateful that I received this new calling. I'm almost getting over my sickness of being pregnant with my first trimester, and I feel that this is the perfect time to receive one. I'm so pumped up and excited about this calling. I really want to make a difference in these girls' lives. Some are struggling and there are many inactive girls. Wish me luck guys;)

4 comments:

Leslie said...

You will be an awesome counselor. I'm so excited for you. You'll love YW!

Van Horne said...

That is so exciting. You are the perfect one for the calling. I'm serving as the teacher for the miamads. It's alot of fun. All the girl are awesome. I hope everything is going well with the baby.

Liz said...

Good luck with the new calling! It sounds kind of intimidating.

Susan said...

Hey Reiko!! I still can't believe you are pregnant! Congrats again! I was hoping to come home at Thanksgiving, but my family is coming up here to see us instead. I am so excited! I think they just wanted to see me fat! Oh, but after the baby comes I may come for a long visit. Maybe a few months after the baby comes actually. But definantly before we make any life moves back east. So maybe we could meet up then! Although, you may be having your baby around that time! Well hopefully we will get to see eachother again one day! You will have a blastin YW! I was the first counselor for a little while, but then after I got pregnant and sick, and a little inactive they kicked me out! Well,I had been in for awhile too.