Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Surgery Time (Eventually)

Since I had Caylee, my belly button has not gone all the way down. I always wondered if my uterus was not down to its normal size. So today, I went to my new OB/GYN and found out that I have a Hernia=(

What is Hernia? Well, this is what it said online:
A hernia occurs when an organ or tissue squeezes through a hole or a weak spot in a surrounding muscle or connective tissue called fascia.

How can you get Umbilical hernia?
Anything that causes an increase in pressure in the abdomen can then cause a hernia, including obesity, Having kids or those who had children, lifting heavy objects, diarrhea or constipation, or persistent coughing or sneezing.

My OB/GYN told me that it will get worse as I have more children (yikes)! I am not looking forward to having this surgery, yet surgery alone. I'm scared. I have no clue what goes on. Anyone had a Hernia? Mine doesn't hurt, but was told that it will get painful as it gets worse. Any thoughts anyone? Any suggestions/comments will be grately apprecaited=)

7 comments:

Jessie said...

GL! I'm glad you are getting it taken care of now. Does it hurt?

Susan said...

I am glad it is at least something they can fix! Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!

Leslie said...

Get it fixed quick. I've had lots of family member have it done. Everything will be fine. Be careful when you're moving to not over extend yourself and life too much!

Yari said...

Hey Reiko, my sister in law (Shaun's sister)had a hernia and she's had 2 surgeries and she is doing fine now. I know she would be happy to talk to you and answer any questions or concerns you have. If you want to talk to her let me know, I can give you her number or have her call you.

The Bertagnoles said...

I had a hernia after I had Kaiden. It was just like yours and didn't hurt until about seven months after I noticed it. The doctor who did the surgery said that by waiting I had actually made it worse and it had torn from by pelvis up into my abdomen. Who knew!! Call me sometime and Ill talk to you about the surgery and stuff. Its not that bad. Mostly just muscle soreness afterwards and because of mine in my abdominals I couldn't move for a few days, literally, could not move. I had to have it done, though, also by waiting I had made it worse so that my insides were about to come through the tear which would have caused my insides to die! :( YUCK! Get it done, its not that bad, and the scar is pretty small (like an inch and a half) call me.

Raquel said...

My mom had to have surgery for a hernia a few years after my brother was born. It was uncomfortable and a bit painful afterwards and she had to stay in bed for a few days, but after that, she was fine.

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

There is a homeopathic chriopractor in Tehachapi that I go to that is about 100-150 per session but he has healed me from having to have multiple surgeries over the last year and half. You could always try that route first and then if you still have problems with it you can go ahead with the surgery.